PF lights are specifically designed for extreme-brightness strobe lighting and will achieve higher intensity than any conventional products when used with the dedicated PF Control Units. They provide brightness and strobe pulse-width control comparable to a Xenon flash lamp.
When are these lights needed?
In some applications, the amount of light intensity required exceeds the ability of the light to deliver. This “light starvation” is often the result of:
- Imaging an object in motion, especially when the object is relatively small.
- Blurring can occur when trying to use very short camera exposure times to capture images during a high-speed motion process, but the light intensity is not enough.
- Using a high-magnification or other specialty lens system that does not transmit as much light to the camera sensor. This is made worse when the part is also in motion.
- Reducing the aperture of the lens to maintain a specified depth-of-field.
The PF Series controllers provide highly-controlled, very short and bright strobe lighting pulses that make a noticeable difference in the quality of captured images when other lights are not bright enough, even when used in “overdrive”.
- Strobe time is adjustable from 1 to 100µs.
- The lighting delay time setting on the Controller, adjustable from 0 to 100µs, permits the timing of the strobe flash to be within the exposure time of the camera, essentially using the flash as the camera shutter.
- The PF Series High Power Strobe Controllers are sending over 21 amps at up to 48VDC per connector to the high-power PF lights, and are available in 2-channel and 4-channel configurations.
Currently available PF Series light configurations are shown below:
Explore CCS PF Series Configurations Here!
To discuss your opportunity to incorporate high power strobe lighting, please contact R.J. Wilson, Inc. at 781-335-5500 or contact us at [email protected].