SWIR lenses are specifically designed and coated for imaging in SWIR (short-wave infrared) wavelengths and will improve focusing and image contrast to make the most of the SWIR camera’s resolution. The SWIR coating is optimized for imaging in the 700-2,000nm range.
Factory automation lenses for SWIR imaging are available as standard and telecentric lenses in a range of focal lengths, magnifications, and camera mounts from our lens partners at Goyo, Navitar, Opto Engineering, SWIR Vision Systems, VS Technology, and others.
SWIR lenses are available as:
If your application requires SWIR imaging, R.J. Wilson, Inc. works with camera, lens, and lighting experts to provide a complete solution. Contact us today.
SWIR Lenses, Standard & Telecentric
It has always been challenging to view 360° around a cylindrical object or to view the sidewalls inside a bore. R.J. Wilson, Inc. and Opto-Engineering offer single-camera solutions for many advanced inspection requirements involving a cylindrical object.
Whether you need to view the top and outer circumference of a cylinder, such as a can or vial, or the inside diameter of a bore or threaded nut using a single imaging camera:
1) The imaging process becomes more controllable
2) Synchronization of a high-speed line becomes much more straightforward with a single camera
3) There may be cost benefits to simplifying the imaging configuration with a purpose-built lens
4) Image processing functions are available to “un-warp” and “un-wrap” the images to extract features or read barcodes.
5) These lenses are ideal for robot-guided viewing and tracking of objects that are difficult to inspect on a moving conveyor or cannot be guided or fixtured, such as when inspecting cylinders.
Lens configurations are available for:
Cylinder and Bore Inspection
Pericentric Lenses Enable Top and Sides Inspection of a Container with a Single Camera